March 10, 2015

SOM 2015 - Week 2: Father Heart of God

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.” (Luke 15: 20)

The last week, Wimpie Santoso shared on the topic of the Father Heart of God. We found the participants coming to realize the beauty and gentleness of the heart of the Father, who awaits patiently for each of His sons and daughters to return to Him. With this realization, each of them opened themselves up and take the step to receive the embrace only a father could give. The week ended with Fritz Mascarenhas giving the participants some practical advice to remain soaked in the Father’s love.

As part of the community dynamics, the participants began with their in-house ministry and work duties. For some, it was a time to explore new talents, while for others, it was a time to bring their talents to a new level in serving others.

We also had a great afternoon sweating it out on the field playing Captain’s ball and the week ended with a relaxing evening watching “Finding Nemo”.

This week, we will have the gifted Fritz sharing with the participants on the topic of “Sin and Salvation”. Please continue to keep them in your prayers that they will recognize the gift of the Cross and embrace Jesus as a personal saviour.

School of Mission 2015 Duc in Altum

Testimonies from Week 2: Father Heart of God

This week, I experienced a deep sense of peace. God is an emotionally involved Father, compassionate and concerned about me - my feelings and my wellbeing. I am grateful to Wimpie for his in-depth teachings about the Father in the Gospel of Luke 15 and to Fritz for a Father's hug that made me experience what the Father in Heaven is like. ~ Sylvia Schraml Germany

This week, I experienced that the Father really rejoices in doing good for me, from the biggest burdens to the smallest ones. He truly listens to my prayers and answers them. He is merciful and compassionate, He knows what I need and He supplies. Truly, there is no place I’d rather be, than here in His love. ~ Mariana Wijayanti, Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment